« Home | Fencing Club Logbook » | M is for Meeya » | Beyond Fencing » | The Pol Sci Block Ten Years Ago » | First Day - UP Manila (June 1992) » 

Saturday, March 12, 2005 

Dirty Thirties - A Woman's Angst-Filled Prattle

by TheDivineMissM!





You Are 30 Years Old

30



Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.






Turning 30 is not easy. Especially for women.

A guy told me when I was 21 that I should look him up when I turn 30. He said that this is the better side of 30. Women get fully ripened in this decade, and are just a delight.

The angst has really started for me as soon as I turn 29. My 20s are gone! What have I got to show for it???? I began to evaluate where I had been, where I am going, and where I want to be. Shortly after I began my self-analysis, I kept thinking about where I should be and the goals I had set for myself when I was younger. At first I couldn't remember what my goals had been. Then they came to me, hazy at first like the smog-choked city skyline at rush hour.


I always imagined that by the time I am 30, I will have a high-powered job, a fancy house and car, a sexy exec for a husband, and a doll of a baby. I was going to be a hot momma, strutting around in my designer gear and attending all sorts of IMPORTANT events.

I NEVER imagined that I will be overweight at 30, still clueless about a career, and quite happy to spend days on the couch watching mindless telly.

Its a wake up call; it will be tough but turning 30 may just be the push I need to get back on track.



-- Remember, once you get over the hill, you'll begin to pick up speed.

-- If it weren't for STRESS I'd have no energy at all.

-- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some, like me, just don't have any film.

-- I always know God won't give me more than I can handle but there are times I wish He didn't trust me quite so much.

-- Never be too open minded, your brains could fall out.

-- Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

-- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

-- Some days are a total waste of makeup.

-- Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

-- Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

-- Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

-- Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

-- By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

-- Learn from the mistakes of others. Trust me .... you can't live long enough to make them all yourself. I've tried!!

Post a Comment

About This Weblog

    Previously, a blog about how life has treated us after our last duel on the piste. Now, unmasked, we reveal ourselves as political scientists first, fencers second.

    Our country is the Philippines - where the University that brought us together stands. Though we'd rather pretend that eveything is fine, it is not.

    We've laid down our swords and sharpened our words. Now we raise our mightier pens and say: en garde.

    For Pinas. Our guts, your glory.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates